Removal of conditions - questions

jakey

I have a couple of questions in regards of removal of conditions (I already read the FAQ but couldnt find the answers):

1) My wife just now changed her name to my last name. I guess it would be best to mention that in a separate paper? Some of the bills/rental i will send are on her old name with me some will be on the new one. Also in the I751 when it asks for last name i gonna write her new last name?

2) in the I751 it asks for Children, because they are legally only her children i leave it all blank?

3) We have a joint account but hardly used it (basically never). We gonna merge now one account we regularly use but if i wait for a bill with both of our name another month will go by (I am already within my 90 days since last week). So i just leave that part and dont send a banc account statement?

4) I have one testified witness, how important would it be to add a second one?

5) in the evidence i can also send pictures. How many did you send? (Because i could send a lot!!)

Thank you for your help!
Jakey

mheymann76

Hi Jakey,

just an Information for you: We moved your Thread from the "German-speaking"-Area to the "English-only"-Board.

Good luck
Marc

Evi

I have a couple of questions in regards of removal of conditions (I already read the FAQ but couldnt find the answers):

1) My wife just now changed her name to my last name. I guess it would be best to mention that in a separate paper? Some of the bills/rental i will send are on her old name with me some will be on the new one. Also in the I751 when it asks for last name i gonna write her new last name?

You just fill out all the documents in the name she wants on her new greencard. The people at USCIS deal with name changes everyday and they know that women usually change their name to their husband's last name. I would not send an extra statement explaining the name change. It would just confuse USCIS.

2) in the I751 it asks for Children, because they are legally only her children i leave it all blank?

If the children are not yours then leave it blank. Do you have to remove conditions on the children's greencards too? (if they are in the US with your wife)

3) We have a joint account but hardly used it (basically never). We gonna merge now one account we regularly use but if i wait for a bill with both of our name another month will go by (I am already within my 90 days since last week). So i just leave that part and dont send a banc account statement?

If you have enough other documentation that shows that you are living together in the same household then you don't need to send in bank account info.

4) I have one testified witness, how important would it be to add a second one?

again, if you have enough other documentation the affidavits from friends are just one of the options, not a must. I didn't send any. IF you feel that you don't have enough evidence then I'd go ahead and find another friend who would witness for you.

5) in the evidence i can also send pictures. How many did you send? (Because i could send a lot!!)

I sent three pictures. Pictures are not very good supporting evidence since everybody can just make a quick picture and then send it off. I have pictures iwth whoever...which doesn't mean that we live together. You know what I mean? Maybe if you have a pic in front of your first house that would be nice. I sent pictures with our son and with my new car etc...just stuff that kinda binds you to the sponsor. I think four/five pics are more than enough.

Thank you for your help!
Jakey

Good luck. :winke

W

Wisi

Evi,

I would imagine Jakey is asking about bringing up the name change because his wife's current GC as well as the initial application are in a different name. If that's the case I'm almost sure that they'll have to hand in the necessary documentation to support the name change... unless ofcourse it's already been done.

Oben